Under both arrested on 10 August 2004, the detention of Hermann’s tortoises by individuals is subject to official authorization only possible for individuals born in captivity:
- Up to 6 specimens (excluding juveniles): Just a simple administrative authorization. It is a breeding permit approval* required from holding one adult individual.
- Beyond six specimens (excluding juveniles) a certificate of competency* and permission to open are necessary because we consider this to be a breeding
- Adult individuals must be identified by an electronic transponder (microchip) implanted by a veterinarian
- A record of animal movements must be kept (inputs, outputs, births, deaths, ...).
* These documents may be obtained at the prefecture, from the Direction Départementale de la Protection des Populations (DDPP) or from the link below.
Voir la plaquette d’information sur la détention de la Tortue d’HermannOuvrir le lien ffept - Règlementation & documents